Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Shutdown in 60 seconds; service.exe error

Windows XP Support

Old 09-01-2005

Shutdown in 60 seconds; service.exe error

I am trying to register my pc to my college network. When I did the configuration it ask me to restart at the end. I got a complete set of manual to register my pc with my college. Upon restart I got a error and it halted. The error was related to some services.exe. After the error the pc restarted in 1 minute. But upon each restart the error keeps on coming up. I am not able to find out why this thing appears so instantly. The error status code is 1073741819. Does anyone know how to deal with this.

Old 09-01-2005

Re: Shutdown in 60 seconds; service.exe error

Looks like some threat issue in your system. I will recommend you to boot in safe mode first. Then go in msconfig and disable all startup services. After that the error will be stopped. The next thing you will have to do is to scan your system with antivirus. There are ample of free antivirus available on the web. Just download any of it and scan your pc and check whether the issue is resolved or not. Scanning under safe mode will give you more appropriate output.
Old 09-01-2005

Looks like some connection is blocked by firewall due to which you are getting that error. It is necessary that for start you must disable the firewall and any other antivirus stuff. Then check back.There is one more tool available on the web called as Hijackthis. This software scans and offers you a log file of each application and service running in your system. You can then through that locate the service and delete or disable it. I am sure that will be more easier.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,