Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

This patch package could not be opened

Windows XP Support

Old 07-01-2005

This patch package could not be opened

My system has Windows XP Pro installed on the same. I had tried to replace a few set of files from it and moving them to the new folder. I am here using Outlook. But when I try to do the same I am getting a error message related to some dll file. It is associated with scrptxtn.dll and frmrdrct.dll. It shows me error that it cannot be loaded or installed.

Old 07-01-2005

Re: This patch package could not be opened

Did you tried windows update. Try to run that and see what output will you get. I am sure that will be enough for fixing the problem. If that does not work then the second thing you can do is simply run system restore. That is another helpful way of fixing the problem by restoring some recent settings in your system.
Old 08-01-2005

I got two links on the error you are facing. You can simply check the same out and troubleshoot the problem you are facing. I am sure it is more than enough to deal with the error you are facing. The issue mostly lies with some recent installation package. By replacing that the problem can be resolved.

You receive an error message when you try to install or run an Office program: "This patch package could not be opened" or "The installation source for the product is not available"

Error Message: 1635 This Patch Package Could Not Be Opened
Old 19-02-2010

Re: This patch package could not be opened

Hi Ramesh,

I am a new member. I have the same error message when I try to unistall or install CorelDraw X3. It happened when I try to use the install program to repair some of the corrupted files. When the install tries to load the files I get the error message.

Please help.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,