Thread: chkdsk log file location

chkdsk log file location

I need some help here to understand how chkdsk work. How it is capable of creating a log file. I not able to find any of those. I thought that will be more helpful in fixing different hardware issues. I am looking for some similar tool that can give a visual output on my disk status. I am having some series of hard drive which I want to test and figure out the performance status.

Re: chkdsk log file location

You can find all the logs inside Event Viewer. That is the only location where you can find ample of information on it. Chkdsk does not maintain any separate log report. Every thing can be found inside Event Viewer only. But still if you think that you need more information then there are ample of software available on web which are more advance. Like Ariolic Disk Scanner. This are kind of disk scanning utility.

Re: chkdsk log file location

There are number of advance disk analyzer software compared to chkdsk. There are great tools that are really helpful in many ways. Like SeaTools. It is a set of utilities officially available for SeaGate hard drives. The utility is capable of giving you ample of information on the drive status. It works really well in many ways and give the current output. It has more intact information compare to other software. It works on any drive.