Thread: Safe to delete stuff from C:\Program Files\InstallShield InstallationInformation\?

Safe to delete stuff from C:\Program Files\InstallShield InstallationInformation\?

I just want to know that is it safe to get rid of file located inside C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\. There are more than 300 file inside it with different number of folders. It consuming a bit amount of space due to which my windows has started working slow. I ran disk cleanup but that doe s not worked. When I check the folder size, it was around 400mb. Does deleting it will cause any problem in my system.

Re: Safe to delete stuff from C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\?

Those files are required by software when you run repair setup. Try to clean up the Temp folder first. See what you get in that. Try to clean up all the Temp directory and see you are able to work on the same or not. If your C drive is occupied you can also remove some installed software that will help you to gain a bit more space. Disk Cleanup mostly wipes out the temp file. What is the total space of your C drive.

It is better you get rid of some unnecessary applications installed in your system. Also check your user folders. Like My Documents, Pictures, Downloads. You can clear them as well to gain more space. I am sure this will be easier for you to boost your system performance. It is recommended that you do not touch the files inside Installer Directory. There can be issue in future if you try to run a repair installation of any application.

There one thing you can do here. Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. This is available for free. You can download that from web. This utility simply checks for unwanted files and wipe out them completely. This is the only safer way for you to get rid of issue that you are facing. I think after running this you will be able to get a amount of space from your windows partition. If you are having ample of space in any other partition you can merge that to the windows one and extend the size.

Re: Safe to delete stuff from C:\Program Files\InstallShield InstallationInformation\?

There are two folders in my system which are occupying a huge amount of space. The first is this installer directory and the second is software distribution. Installer directory has installation file of all installed applications in your system and software distribution has all windows updates. I am quiet not sure that you must delete them. Because there can be consequences in future. Other than this you can simply remove applications which are not required.

You can delete them. The only issue that occur in future, if any application like a web browser, or office suite has problem you have to re-run the setup through setup.exe file. Which comes when you download them. Windows just keep the installer files in a folder to fix it in case of trouble. So that is a good way of keeping your disk clean. Just delete them or you can simply cut paste them to some other location. So if in future if there is a problem move them back.

There is one more utility that can help you. It is called as InstallShield Installation Information Manager. You can download this from web. It is a nice tool that offers you information on the application which are installed in your system and on that basis you can simply get rid of the same. Through this you can also archive the files inside install shield folder to save some space.

Do not remove anything from. I did the same and recently face a error related to my messenger and antivirus. I had installed back from scratch which had fixed the problem. There are ample of applications which are depended on the installer file kept inside install directory. For getting more space you can use partition manager to extend the C partition. It is completely safe to use.

There is a huge conversation on this matter. First of all it is safe to delete but some application depends on the component of installer directory. So it is essential that you delete the folders of application which are not required. Ample of time the folder still has a number of installers of those application which are removed. You have to remove it one by one safely and leave which you are unable to understand.