Thread: Error loading cmicnfg.cpi sound driver

Error loading cmicnfg.cpi sound driver

I have a desktop computer running with MSI K7N2-L Motherboard, 1GB RAM, Realtek ALC650 Audio and Windows XP Pro as the software. Recently I downloaded and installed C-Media WDM Audio Driver from Microsoft website and since then my System has no sound.

As per troubleshooting I went to device manager, uninstalled C-Media. Downloaded Realtec APA397 from realtec’s official website and installed. Once done, I rebooted the system but yet there was no sound and I noticed that C-Media driver got installed again automatically. As the sound was working fine earlier before installing C-Media WDM Audio Driver I tried restoring my system to earlier date by it is not allowing me to do the same.

I don’t have any idea what to do else. Can anyone here please help me out to fix the sound problem? Many Thanks.

RE: Error loading cmicnfg.cpi sound driver

Hello Charlie. Just try out the following steps and see if i works for you. Start by going to Device Manager,under Sound devices right click the Audio drivers (if listed) and click Update drivers. Make sure your Windows Update is ON. It will search the compatible drivers from Windows Update. ALternatively you can also download the drivers from here:

Open Drivers - Free Download Realtek ALC650 / ALC655 AC97 Audio Driver
    http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/21...-download.html

Those didn't work for me when I had a similar issue this morning :( I found a different version of it at this link here. I'm still having problems with the network card on this Mobo though. It says this package is supposed to work for all features related to the board, but it's not the case for me. Does anyone know if any other versions were released? I know this hardware is not the 'newest' I guess you could say. LOL

Thanks BAE23,