Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Physical memory dump

Windows XP Support

Old 24-09-2005

Physical memory dump

I am constantly getting a physical memory dump error on my pc. The bluescreen keeps on appear even if I do nothing. It just started recently. There were some virus infection detected and due to which the error appeared. The system that I have is AMD64 3500+, 2GB RAM, Gigabyte motherboard and BFG 6600 GT-OC GPU. It is my gaming pc. I am having many games install on it. I cannot just format it, I will loose everything.

Old 24-09-2005

Re: Physical memory dump

Can you post the exact error message here. It will be really hard to help you if you cannot provide the exact error message description. Bluescreen appear commonly due to memory problem. To find whether your memory is working fine or not you can use a bootable cd of memtest. Try to change the ram slots, disconnect unwanted hardware from your pc, etc and then check back. This are quick option to find out the cause of crash.
Old 26-09-2005

Go inside Event Viewer. You can find more information in it. The event viewer has a complete information on the problem you are facing. Through which you can simply find a troubleshooting solution. It is correct that this kind of issue usually appear due to improper physical ram. But there can be some software level issue also. Like outdated drivers, corrupt system file which are the most common cause of crash. You can try to find out a relative solution for the same.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,