Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Missing - Local USers and Groups

Windows XP Support

Old 20-09-2005

Missing - Local USers and Groups

I cannot see Local Users & Group inside Computer Management. It is not visible and there is nothing listed. I am getting a error when I try to access it. The error is unable to access computer invalid syntax. I am a bit annoyed with the same and not able to locate solution for it. I need some help here through which I can restore the security settings. My OS is Windows XP Pro. It is a Media Center edition. There is a single user in the pc.

Old 22-09-2005

Re: Missing - Local USers and Groups

That is weird. Local Users and Group is provided in Windows XP Pro, while the same is not available for Windows XP Home edition. It can be some issue. You can try running a repair setup. Because there is no way to find out our locate installation of single element. Through repair setup nothing is modified in your system except the system files. It allows you to to replace the damaged file and make your system perform more better. You must test the same.
Old 03-10-2005

This is a version issue. Did you check properly what Windows edition you are using. It must be Pro edition. And if it is a Home edition then you will not get the same. There is no way to add that in your pc. You will need to upgrade your system and then test back. But you can try to locate some other alternative that allows you to manage the user and group. It might not work like Computer Management, but there are different tools that are more advance.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,