Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is potdata MFC application?

Windows XP Support

Old 16-09-2005

What is potdata MFC application?

I have recently done a clean install or update of Zone Alarm. Most of the popup windows I am getting I can recognize that. I am also getting a window asking for access to potdata MFC application. I have checked for some solution on many different websites but cannot find anything. Does anyone have any idea what is this thing? Thanks.

Old 16-09-2005

Re: What is potdata MFC application?

That application looks to be related to your APC Uninterrruptable Power Supply, a battery backup unit. I think that it could be probably just a version update checker.
Old 16-09-2005

Thanks for replying back. I actually dont want to do a clean install with ZoneAlarm. I am doing updates only and was thinking on the last update maybe I would better do a clean install of the program. Now, nothing but popup windows, most I have to look up and see what they are.
Old 08-07-2007

If you want to prevent this message from happening, then you can simply launch APC PowerChute Personal Edition. After that click on Options under the Configuration section. There you will be able to see enable data collection. Just uncheck that box, and click apply and thats it.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: