Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Removing $NTUninstallKB***** folders and Add/Remove listings

Windows XP Support

Old 28-08-2005

Removing $NTUninstallKB***** folders and Add/Remove listings

There are approximately more than 50 of these files listed at the start of the Windows sub-folder list. I want to remove these also and any service pack uninstall folders. So, is there any of these files that I have to keep? I also want to remove all of these listings from the Add and Remove Programs list. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks.

Old 28-08-2005

Re: Removing $NTUninstallKB***** folders and Add/Remove listings

Try to remove old Windows Updates. There are folders that have uninstalled as part of the name, for example, $NtUninstallKB282010$ that is located in C:\windows hidden folders which are Windows Hot Fix Update folders/files, that can be safely deleted, providing you never wish to uninstall the updates. I would tell you to leave these folders for a period of atleast a month to make sure update is working fine.
Old 29-08-2005

Re: Removing $NTUninstallKB***** folders and Add/Remove listings

The best way to do this is with the below tool:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_hotfix_backup.htm

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: