Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Could not start the DCOM Server Process Launcher

Windows XP Support

Old 24-08-2005

Could not start the DCOM Server Process Launcher

Facing some problems on my Windows XP system. Due to some reason I need to use installshield but it first requires DCOM process to be started, when I try to start the same , it ends up with an error message saying:

?Could not start the DCOM Server Process Launcher service on Local Computer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.?

As far as I know DCOM process is not associated with some other services as it has no dependenciesThen why is it not getting started and giving me error? Please help.

Old 24-08-2005

Re: Could not start the DCOM Server Process Launcher

Most probably it could be due to Service startup failure or either corrupt system files, or a driver conflict. So i will suggest you to better try repairing repair all system files.

You can do this by going to Start/Run, and type (or paste in):

SFC /SCANNOW

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,