Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

DCOM server process launcher service terminated unexpectedly

Windows XP Support

Old 19-08-2005

DCOM server process launcher service terminated unexpectedly

If anyone of the member of my family logs onto their user name, then after some time the below message pops up everytime:

"DCOM server process launcher service has terminated unexpectedly"

It will also start to count down one minute and then shuts off? Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue?

Old 20-08-2005

Re: DCOM server process launcher service terminated unexpectedly

You will need to disable the automati restart on the system failure, usually on Service Pack 2. After that you have to press F8 on restart and check the mnu item to disable auto restart. After that reboot the computer and when the Stop message appears, post the information here so that we can troubleshoot it further.
Old 06-07-2007

I'm so glad I found this information or else I might have had to send it away and loose all of my information. But, now that I have pressed F8 and done what I was told, what happens next?
Old 30-05-2008

DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly

I resolved this same error by updating a driver for the monitor. (Your mileage may vary.) If you can't get in to the PC long enough to do this, try plugging it in to a different monitor.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: