Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Help Please insert a disk into drive Device\Harddisk3\DR5.

Windows XP Support

Old 26-12-2004

Help Please insert a disk into drive Device\Harddisk3\DR5.

I need some help with hardware issue on my system. The problem appeared after facing a spybot adware issue on my system. I am unable to understand how does it wiped out my hard drive connectivity. I am getting a error saying that there is no disk drive on my system. I am getting this error continuously even when there is nothing on the optical drive.

Old 26-12-2004

Re: Help Please insert a disk into drive Device\Harddisk3\DR5.

It looks there is some application working on your system which is giving you the same kind of popup. It is essential that you must scan your system under safe mode and then check back again. I am sure that will be far more helpful in many ways. If there is any virus or infection in your system it will help you in scanning and removing the entries made by the same.
Old 26-12-2004

Re: Help Please insert a disk into drive Device\Harddisk3\DR5.

The issue can be due to some removable drive which is configured on your system. It is necessary that you must ensure that no removable drives are connected. Or else you will face issue. The problem can be due to Iomega Zip drive or some other removable usb drives also. You can try re-configuring the drive back again and ensure that it is removed completely.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,