Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error 633, modem and com detection problems

Windows XP Support

Old 24-12-2004

Error 633, modem and com detection problems

I am getting a constant error 633 on my system. And I had tried a number of things to fix the same but it is not working. I am not able to understand the issue behind this error. I went inside device manager and there I cannot see any com or port item. It looks everything there is configured properly without any much issue. But still there is a constant error related to modem connection. I had tried a number of troubleshooting options but none of them worked. Does anyone has any idea what can be done there.

Old 25-12-2004

Re: Error 633, modem and com detection problems

Looks like some kind of issue with dial-up network. You will have to check the settings one more time and see whether it is working well or not. Another major issue behind this problem is incompatible drivers. It is necessary that whatever device you are trying to use with your system must be completely compatible in terms of drives. Or else this kind of error will keep on coming up.
Old 08-02-2006

Re: Error 633, modem and com detection problems

I am also dealing with the same kind of problem but yet not able to find any working solution. I found this link below that I want to share. I am sure this will be much more helpful in dealing with the error 633 modem. I am sure this will be helpful in many ways.

Error Message: Error 633 Modem Is Already in Use

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,