Thread: Wmiprvse.exe - Application Error

Wmiprvse.exe - Application Error

I'm having a Windows XP desktop at home which was working fine since a year and never had any problem. But from couple of days i keep getting the following error message:

Application popup: wmiprvse.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77f57ec4" referenced memory at "0x00690054". The memory could not be "written".

There use to be two options, first "Click on OK to terminate the program" and second "Click on CANCEL to debug the program". I dont have any idea what to do. Somebody please help.

I am also getting the same error and I notice that, from time to time, there is a message saying that WMI has closed down.

There was a virus that interfered with Wmiprvse.exe; this came out about half-way through last year. I have repeatedly scanned my computer for viruses with the latest virus definitions and nothing comes up.

Another strange message I get, which may or may not be related, is:

“The amount of physical memory in your system has increased. This typically does not indicate a hardware failure. Contact your Help Desk if you did not physically change your system’s physical memory configuration.”