Thread: Installing games without using CD to play the games

Installing games without using CD to play the games

I need some help to install a game. I am looking for some way to keep a game copy in my pc and install it whenever I need to play. When I run the setup to launch the game, it ask for the cd. It does not work with the disc. If somehow I lost the disc or if it fails to work then the game will not work. I need some way to install the game without CD and play it as well also. But I cannot do the same. Is there a way to run the game directly through pc only without cd.

Re: Installing games without using CD to play the games

There are some games that require the installation disc or else they do not work. So you have to keep that disc inserted in your pc. I am also having some games that does not work without the disc. I do not really understand the reason behind the same. You will need to visit the official site of that game and look for some patch. There are some no-cd patch on the web but it is better to download them from official source only.

RE: Installing games without using CD to play the games

You can do that. Create a iso file of your game cd. You can do that by using many dvd tools. Then copy the entire file in your pc. Now download and install daemon tool in your pc and mount the iso file through it. Install the game and then leave it mounted. You will not require cd any more. You can keep the copy of entire game cd in your pc as your need and I think it will really work fine.

There is one more tool that will help you. It is called as Alcohol 120. You can use this software to create a virtual copy of your game. You can also use clonecd type software. In this way you can keep a copy safe in your pc and use it whenever you want for installation. For cd thing you can mount the iso file as stated above. But when you restart your pc the mount will be disconnected. You have to re-mount the drive back again.

I am using Nero for the same. Nero is more reliable compare to other cd dvd tools. It is also simple and easy to use. Through that you can backup your entire files and keep them at some place. While for mounting stuff, when you play game at that time insert a cd and then remove when you are not playing it. That will do the job.