Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Print Spooler service problem

Windows XP Support

Old 05-12-2004

Print Spooler service problem

I am having a system which is Running on Windows XP Pro SP2. It is the only system on the network which act as a sever. There are 4 more pc connected which share the files through the xp system commonly. Here I am simply trying to add a printer but things does not looks to be working well. When I try to do the same I am getting a error Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running. What should I do here to fix the problem. Can anyone guide me here.

Old 25-03-2005

I think the problem lies with some kind of corrupt printer driver which is stopping the service. So the first thing you have to do is update the drivers and then test back. I am sure that will be simply enough to fix the problem. You can visit the official site of printer manufacturer and download a fresh drivers for the same. I think that is simply more than enough to fix the issue. Then you can simply go in services and trigger the service back.
Old 01-04-2005

I am too facing the same kind of issue here. I had tried to fix the problem on my netbook but thinks does not looks to be working well. I am having a printer which is connected on the network. Now the connectivity was failing again and again and I was getting the same issue. Later on I reconfigured it back by adding proper drivers and things are resolved. There is no issue here. The printer properties here looks to be working really well.
Old 08-09-2008

print spooler issue

Dear Jeff,

I am also facing a similar issue. In two systems with windows xp sp2, whenever user logs off or restarts the system, print spooler service gets disabled. it needs to start it manually but as soon i give a print command, print comes but then service gets disabled again. I tried your solution of cleanspl.exe but unable to resolve the issue. U have mentioned about "listdlls.exe", please guide how to use it bcoz on running cleanspl.exe, a text document gets created by name of "spooler" but it provides no useful information. Also i tried microsoft solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757 with this i am able to resolve isue in one system but other is still at same point.

please guide further.
Old 30-01-2010

Re: Print Spooler service problem

If you have PCDue restart computer in save mode and delete the file injilib.dll from the pcdue folder this will help
Old 12-10-2010

Re: Print Spooler service problem

regards
viinoth

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,