Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

fastfat.sys >> BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

Windows XP Support

Old 02-12-2004

fastfat.sys >> BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

I am getting blue screen error on my pc. I am using Windows XP Pro SP1. I am not able to understand how this error just appeared automatically. What I was doing is trying to import photos from my camera. I am having a digital camera with usb connection. When I connected the camera it asked for drivers and I downloaded that from web. Just after a few minutes back it crashed. I am getting a constant blue screen after every 5 minutes.

Old 02-12-2004

Re: fastfat.sys >> BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

Looks like some kind of problem with the driver. Either the file is corrupt or not compatible with your system. I will recommend you to remove the same and then try to find a more compatible driver. If still your windows crash after removing the driver then you can do. Click on Start > Run type cmd and hit enter. In that type sfc /scannow. Hit enter. This is a system file checker which will scan your pc for damaged file and replace the same.
Old 02-12-2004

I got a similar issue when I was trying to work with a card reader. My system just crashed after driver updates. I removed the driver and the system went back to OK. Windows XP is having a system restore utility that can help you fixing the problem you are facing. You can run that restore your old settings back and I am sure it will be much more helpful for you.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,