Thread: Computer keeps restarting

Computer keeps restarting

I landed into a new problem here. My pc just keeps on rebooting on its own. I am not able to get any solution for the same. It was working fine and there were no errors at all. But somehow the system just restarted on its own and then frequency keeps on increasing. I had customized the power settings also which looks to be working fine.There are nothing applied here. I need some simple solutions to fix the problem I am facing.

Re: Computer keeps restarting

I think you are facing problem because automatic reboot is enabled. For that just right click on My Computer and then click on Properties. In that simply go in Advance Tab and then click on Settings. In that look for the startup section and click on Automatic Restart. That's all. If you face any bluescreen or any kind of serious bug then simply ensure that there are no hardware problem in the pc.

Go in event viewer. You can find ample of information about the problem you are facing in the same. The best thing is that you must simply post the complete error log her.e Just post the complete error report and then check back. Ample of time this kind of issue occur due to damaged power supply. Just change or upgrade that and then check back. Once the psu is upgraded or replaced the system will not reboot constantly.

I got the same kind of issue. The system just crashed instantly. Later on upon restart there was a message that windows has recovered from some serious error. I had here checked everything. There was no issue the hardware looks to be working well. But the system just reboots on its own. I performed a full recovery installation and the issue was solved. There was no problem at all. The system worked fine once the OS was installed back again.

I am having a e-Machine. Which was working fine for some couple of days. But crashing was constant. Later on I simply checked the system and found the problem with overheating. I turned on the system and it did not worked. Later on I checked inside the bios. The problem was with cpu temperature. I had replaced the cpu fan, cleaned the dust inside and things were resolved. There was no problem at all. The system worked fine on the current temperature. I too think your system might be heating up due to which you are getting that problem.

RE: Computer keeps restarting

To find whether this is some kind of problem with the software just restart your pc and boot in safe mode. In safe mode let the pc run for sometime. If the system does not start then the issue lies on the software level. You can then go in Start Menu > Program Files > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Click on that and choose a old date. Then simply restore your pc back to an older time with appropriate settings. That's all. That would work really well.

There can be registry bugs also. So it is simply recommended that you must use some good registry cleaner to wipe out unwanted entries. For that you can download and install CCleaner in your system. It is a free tool. You can run it in safe mode. It just wipe out unstable files. I will also advice you to check your ram first. Just remove and insert it back and then see. That will be simply ok to fix the problem.

My pc has a different issue. The system reboots and on desktop there is a bluescreen. But when I shut the same down for sometime and then turn it on it works fine. There is no issue. I had used in the same way for hours. This always happens after installing windows update. After adding that the system just restarts on its own and then land to a bluescreen. I got this problem occasionally. I also do not have any copy of windows with me. I hope there can be resolved by minor adjustment.

It can be a virus problem also. Try to scan your system with a good antivirus and then check back. It is essential that you must scan your pc with a good antivirus and then check back. There are some good antivirus that you can simply use to check out the threats. Just scan your pc with that and see what output you will get. If there are threats then system restore is not going to help you much. That can give you temporary relief only.

I am having a dell pc with me. There was ample of issue with it. I had seen inside event viewer and set of problems associated with number of event ids. I thought this might be resolved by basic troubleshooting but things really did not worked. I also got the problem on my system with windows update. The updates were installed properly but upon the reboot the system just gave a blue-screen error on the screen. And that too remain so constant. While under safe mode things worked well.

The best thing here to fix the problem is to format your pc and make it simply clear. It is very important. The installation here just replaces the existing system files. So it is very essential that you must simply run a clean setup here. And do not forget to take your data backup. While going for windows repair setup can also help but there is no guarantee that it will work stable. There are chances of facing problem back in future also. It is recommended that you simply install windows back and then test back.

I got the problem due to a faulty memory. I had installed 2 sticks of 1GB ram on my pc which overall is detected as 512MB. The system was just constantly crashing giving a really hard time to work. So I just removed the damaged ram and installed everything back again. It worked. There is no issue at all. I added a new memory of 1GB and things are working fine here. There is no problem at all. It is correct that faulty ram is the most common cause of bluescreen errors.

Hi all,

I have a similar problem. I've got a win XP home and a Win XP pro both on my Dell laptop. It had a virus (the recycler one wich creates an autoplay.ini file in disk drives). I tried to remove the virus by using an antivirus (symantec), removing the recycler and autoplay files and also removing them from the registery of my windows (the home one). In the registry, I removed the key and values of the commands of hard drives which referred the autoplay.ini file in the recycler folder of that drive. The problem is that: after I restarted my laptop, It just showed me the list of two windowss but when I choose one and press enter, the laptop restarts again!! I tried to start both windowses in the safe mode, or load the last config of them that worked properly by pressing the f8 button, but it restarted again!

I also tried to use the win XP CD to recover it (recovery console, using chkdsk, fixboot, fixmbr, copying system file from the repair folder to system32/config) but I couldn't. Also I formatted one of the drives and installed a new version of XP on it (the professional one) but it didn't help also. Now, grateful to you for your patience in reading this long post, I wanted to ask if there is any way I can fix this problem.

Thank you very much in advance,

Gerry,
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I have a Dell laptop: 1G Ram (which I upgraded to 2G about 6 months ago), Win XP Home, Core duo CPU(2.0), 80G Hard.

I had some problems about a month ago with my windows XP home, and repaired it using my laptop's windows CD. Then I installed a win XP Pro on another partition of it. After a while I couldn't hibernate my windows sometimes. It gave me a system error of limited resources. I didn't care and then after this virus deletion my system keeps restarting and I can't even go to the safe mode. Because when I press the F8 button and choose the safe mode option, It goes back to the windowses list and after I select one of them, it will restart again.

I tried to disable the automatic restart on system failure, but it didn't help at all because it keeps retarting yet :(

What can I do now?

--Sherry

Even after disabling automatic restart my system crashed too. I had recently connected a usb hub on the system. And windows update just collected some drivers for that. The system started crashing on its own. I was not able to find the actual solution here. But somehow when I removed the drivers things went back to normal. It works really fine. So there can be some kind of buggy driver in the pc which is causing the problem.

I am also having a bluescreen issue. The problem was with the bluetooth drivers. I am unable to find any solution for the same. I had removed the drivers and it worked. There is no issue at all. So sometime third party drivers are the most common cause of issue. So I simply removed the drivers and it worked. There is no problem with the crashing now. A number of time due to buggy files this kind of issue appears.