Thread: Logitech quickcam express

Logitech quickcam express

I had upgraded to Windows XP Home from Windows ME. My pc was having a web camera attached. It is some Logitech Quickcam Express. The camera is connected to my pc through a usb cable. Now when I had upgraded to the new OS it is not working. I had downloaded all the latest updates and applied the patch in my pc. But still the camera is undetected. It was working fine before and I am sure that the camera is not at all damaged. How to make this work.

Re: Logitech quickcam express

You will need drivers for that. You have to go on the official site of Logitech and download the latest drivers. It looks Windows Update is not having any driver update for the same. You will need to get that manually. Once you get the drivers install the same in your pc and then attach the camera back. I am sure it will start working. But if not then the camera is not having drivers for Windows XP. It might not work.

Try to add the hardware manually. Go in device manager and check what you find about the camera. If the device has a yellow exclamation mark then it will not work unless you provide appropriate drivers. Most of the camera are plug and play device. But some needs drivers. You must have backup the old drivers and then formatted it.