Thread: File system error 16389 with DVD

File system error 16389 with DVD

I am having a Sony desktop. It has a Media Center edition of Windows XP. I am having a dual layer dvd burner on the same. The DVD drive simply works great for burning cd. I bought some set of blank cds. I tried to create a folderi n the cd but when I did that I am getting a error that unable to create new folder. The DVD works better for everything. I just want to move some videos inside a single folder in the DVD. Those are old videos. What should I do.

Im having the same problem would somebody help please. I see the same problem with a Lite-On DVD+RW drive. Unfortunately, I think the problem is that Windows XP does not support writable DVD media. The only information on suggests that Windows Longhorn version will support writing to DVD media. Until then I guess we have to use an application such as Nero to write files to DVD+/-R.

Re: File system error 16389 with DVD

This is simple, but confusing. The built-in Windows XP "Writable Folder" app cannot write to DVD media, only CD media!

So, the simple cure is to take the stupid DVD-R disk out of the drive and put in a CD-R, if you need less than 700 Megs of storage. If you need more storage, you will have to use a DVD-R, but you need to use Roxio, Nero, or some other program with DVD burning capability to handle the task.

Ok, I did spend more than a half an hour searching ms and the web for the "cure", before I found a hint of it in this thread.

access this News Group directly with the following News URL...

What does it mean when you get this message when you are trying to write to a CD???

Re: File system error 16389 with DVD

I would download astroburn lite, compress all files to zip, and burn from there. Astroburn is free and works. I encountered the same error and am using astroburn ALOT. Hope this helps...