Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

setup could not verify the integrity of the file update.inf.

Windows XP Support

Old 22-11-2004

setup could not verify the integrity of the file update.inf.

I bought new HP laptop which came pre-installed with Windows XP Home. As I already a genuine Windows XP Pro Cd, I formatted the hard drive and tried installing the Pro Version. But while trying to install the same, during the setup I get the following error message and installation gets failed:

"Setup could not verify the integrity of the file update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer."

I searched the web regarding this error, even found some solutions but none of them worked for me. Can anyone please help me out with this error? I need to ready up my laptop.

Thank you.

Old 23-11-2004

Re: setup could not verify the integrity of the file update.inf.

Hello sevaanan, i'll suggest you to please check the following articles and follow the procedure provided. I'm sure it will help you to get rid of those error messages:Start here:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updatinf.htm

Then follow the Service Pack Installation Checklist:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spackins.htm

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,