Thread: Error: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media i

Error: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media

I recently purchased a new Wireless mouse and keyboard. I did all the steps for setting it up but when I turned the computer back on, then Windows started to give me error messages to send an error report or something. So, I restarted my computer and when it started to boot then I got this error message that stated "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press any key." I went into the Bios and checked that the hard drive is still detected, so what could be the problem here? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Error: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media i

Well, it seems to me that your hard drive is corrupted and the Recovery disk being sent to you is the only way to work through finding out if it can be fixed by you or if you need replacement hardware.

hi buddy! I face a similar problem..

My system configuration:
    Intel P4,
    512 MB DDR1,
    Intel 915GAV,
    80GB seagate sata,
    XP SP2

The system generally start up and works at slower speed than usual,it suddenly restarts.
    When it restarts, it shows an error message "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device

I tried to reinstall XP many times... even checked my HDD with different SATA cable in another system.. the same eror message..

In BIOS setting, sometimes my HDD is detected and sometimes not detected.
    While installing XP, the setup files are being copied, n while it reeboots in 15 seconds, the HDD is not detected... Even if it is detected and installed, the same "Reboot and select....... problem persists"....

I thought, it's problem eith the hard disk, and BOUGHT A NEW HARDDISK, even with the new harddisk, before and after installing XP , the "Reeboot problem" existed...

And after installing all XP, drivers and MS office (only these three), the system responded but slower, once when i installed Nokia PC suite, it showed an error message "FULL PAGE WITH BLUE BACKGROUND"-"white letters mentioning DUMP MEMORY ERROR and "like ' if you get this prob for d first time.,,, blah ,blah,blah"

plz help me out,, what d problem,, am totally weird out..

well, I had the same problem. I had two OS , Linux and Windows XP. Suddenly I started getting this sort of error message. Let me share how I solved it. I entered into the BIOS by pressing Esc or F2 or F1 (for me F2 applicable) and moved to the menu titled Boot. I found that my first priority was my DVD rom but the 2nd priority was 'Disabled'. I just enabled 2nd priority and problem solved. This may solve some of your problem.