Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error- Windows Movie Maker - Class Not Registered

Windows XP Support

Old 06-06-2005

Error- Windows Movie Maker - Class Not Registered

I am using Windows Movie Maker and after SP2 update it stopped movie maker from downloading from firewire to my sony cam. It was working fine previously. When plugging in the firewire, then Sony is recognized. Movie Maker suggest upgrading the Ati Radeon 9200 driver and I did that but it made no difference. The movie maker connected to the Firewire on my Sony digital cam no longer downloads. The wizard step where I expect to see the video and controls that shows - Error- Windows Movie Maker - Class Not Registered

Please help me.

Old 06-06-2005

Re: Error- Windows Movie Maker - Class Not Registered

Can you try to execute the below line by going to Start and then Run and type the below

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qdv.dll
Old 28-06-2005

Re: Error- Windows Movie Maker - Class Not Registered - Fixed it!

Thats wonderful, thanks for the quick solution, I tried to uninstall and reinstall it so many times, but this fixed the issue instantly.
Old 01-12-2008

Hey your message fixed my Ares problem, i signed up just because this worked so in other words i just signed up to thank u and tell you that you are the man!!! thanks buddy

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,