Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Macromedia Flash Player Security warning

Windows XP Support

Old 28-05-2005

Macromedia Flash Player Security warning

I am getting problem with Macromedia Flash Player. I had updated and installed the same properly. There was no issue with the installation at all. But somehow when I try to visit some website there is a security warning on the screen. The warning is Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher. I cannot figure out the issue behind the warning. I went inside Event Viewer and also find the problem was due to swflash.cab.

Old 28-05-2005

RE: Macromedia Flash Player

Launch Internet Explorer and click on Tools. At the end you can find Internet Options. Now look for Security tab. In that you can find a option as Custom Level. Click on that and then click on ActiveX. Enable the following options :
  • Run ActiveX and plug-ins
  • Download Signed ActiveX Control
  • Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting
Just apply the settings and restart your web browser. Then test it back again. It will fix the problem.
Old 31-05-2005

When you get that warning there is a security bar which appear on the web browser. You can simply click on Fix settings for me and it will work fine. If still you are getting the issue you can try to re-install the web browser and update ActiveX back again. That would be more than enough I think. Sometime the issue can also be due to firewall. Check the firewall setting also one time.
Old 28-04-2011

Re: Macromedia Flash Player

I got the above error when trying to install software, specifically poker software. The error is caused by a malfunctioning or outdated version of flash player Internet Explorer. Most of the time it will be caused by the internet explorer variant, however it may because by the other browser variant as well. Uninstall all flash player that you see in add/remove and install both variants from the adobe website.

Problem solved.

Ericore

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,