Thread: spooler subsystem app error

spooler subsystem app error

I recently did a fresh install of Windows XP SP2 on my system. Installed all required softwares including my Printer. Everything went fine without any problem but now whenever I start my system I use to get a pop up error message saying “spooler subsystem app error.”

Its been just a week after installation and this problem started. Along with also don’t know why DVD ROM is disappeared from My Computer. Also when I insert any CD in the DVD drive it won’t do anything. Can anyone please tell me what is going wrong with my system? is this problems caused by this spooler sub system? If yes, how can I get rid of the same? Please help.

Re: spooler subsystem app error

Can you see your DVD drive in Disk Management? You can check that by running DEVMGMT.MSC command in Start > RUN. If you are able to see the drive here than highlight the device, Action menu, Uninstall it and restart Windows. Now wait for few minutes, let windows find the device drivers again and install it automatically. As far as the spooler error is concerned, you need to check this:

Spooler Subsystem Application Needs to Close and Operation Could Not Be Completed Error:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...&v4h=winxptab1