| || |
Join Date: Oct 2004
Re: How do you install Microsoft Document Imaging Writer so it shows up as a printer?
Follow the below steps to solve this issue:
- First of all close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly.
- After that go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs".
- Now try to click on "Microsoft Office XP" and then click on "Change".
- After that check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next".
- Now on the bottom of the page check "Choose advanced customization of applications." and click "Next".
- Check under Microsoft Office click on the + sign in front of "Office Tools"
- Now try to locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Not Available".
- After that click on "Update". This will uninstall the MODI driver.
- You will need to repeat steps 1 to 6 to go back to the same location you were before.
- After that try to locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Run from My Computer".
- Now, click on "Update".
- After this, you have to go to Control Panel and then to Printers and Faxes, if you see a printer with the name of "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" then the MODI is installed just fine.