Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How do you install Microsoft Document Imaging Writer so it shows up as a printer?

Windows XP Support

Old 06-04-2005

How do you install Microsoft Document Imaging Writer so it shows up as a printer?

I am running Windows XP operating system and Microsoft Office Pro. Can anyone tell me how to install Microsoft Document Imaging Writer so it shows up as a printer? Thanks

Old 06-04-2005

Re: How do you install Microsoft Document Imaging Writer so it shows up as a printer?

Follow the below steps to solve this issue:
  1. First of all close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly.
  2. After that go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs".
  3. Now try to click on "Microsoft Office XP" and then click on "Change".
  4. After that check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next".
  5. Now on the bottom of the page check "Choose advanced customization of applications." and click "Next".
  6. Check under Microsoft Office click on the + sign in front of "Office Tools"
  7. Now try to locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Not Available".
  8. After that click on "Update". This will uninstall the MODI driver.
  9. You will need to repeat steps 1 to 6 to go back to the same location you were before.
  10. After that try to locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Run from My Computer".
  11. Now, click on "Update".
  12. After this, you have to go to Control Panel and then to Printers and Faxes, if you see a printer with the name of "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" then the MODI is installed just fine.
Old 06-04-2005

Thanks but when I tried to uninstall and reinstall then it didnt work. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.
Old 26-04-2005

Even I am having this same issue and I do not have a copy of te Office XP. Could it be possible to get the MODI printer driver from some external source? I want to print using this driver to .mdi format on my Windows XP, is this possible at all? Thanks.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: