Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Reinstalling WXP 32bit from USB Bootable

Windows XP Support

Old 04-04-2014

Reinstalling WXP 32bit from USB Bootable

OK Hope I'm in the right place. I have a Dell Dimension C521 that I want to reinstall WXP 32 bit on. I used DISC wiper eLinuxware to completely erase hard drive. (I have used this program numerous times) My problems is my XP disc is no good and everything I download came with an ISO image file which Burn4Free wouldn't burn right. So I was curious about making a bootable USB flash drive. I successful did and now kind of stuck; I set the computer to boot from usb. I get to the screen where I t shows existing partitions and unpartitioned space: 76294 MB disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi [MBR]
C: Partition1 [NTFS] 76285 MB (75666 MB free)
Unpartitioned space 9 MB
3813 MB Disk on disk [MBR]
D: Partition1 (WXPVOL_EN) [NTFS] 3818 MB (3136 MB free)
I pressed enter to format C and after it completes is when I reboot and get lost. Do I go back into boot sequence and change it back? When I unplug flash drive and try to boot it gives me Invalid Partition Table.
Any help would be most greatly appreciated.

Old 05-04-2014

Re: Reinstalling WXP 32bit from USB Bootable

You can try to follow the suggestions given in the below threads which is similar to your questions:

Install Windows XP from USB
How to install Windows XP from MS-DOS without diskette, CD-ROM or USB
Create Windows XP Live Bootable Flash Drive
Ultimate Multiboot disk from a USB Drive
Old 05-04-2014

JAMES_911 I have the WXP on flash drive and have formatted the hd. My question is do I switch my boot sequence back to original? When I go to switch back to bootable HD it gives me Invalid Partition Table. Could it be a bad download of windows xp? (I did dl from a torrent website which I have used before)
Old 09-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangel55 View Post
JAMES_911 I have the WXP on flash drive and have formatted the hd. My question is do I switch my boot sequence back to original? When I go to switch back to bootable HD it gives me Invalid Partition Table. Could it be a bad download of windows xp?
It seems that the system partition might be corrupted and you will need to either repair install Windows XP or do a clean installed of the same operating system again.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support