Thread: Constant web camera crash on live video streaming on windows xp

Constant web camera crash on live video streaming on windows xp

My web camera keeps on crashing on my windows xp pc. I am having a laptop here. I had downloaded a live streaming application. It just needs the web cam and through that I can stream my video on web. I am going to host a channel for my school where people can learn a bit about our existing project. But when I turn on the streaming app it crash within few minutes. It is not just working stable. I downloaded a streaming software from web. I need some help on the same. What is another great option available here.

Re: Constant web camera crash on live video streaming on windows xp

There are some free web based service that offers you directly stream video through the web cam. It works really fine. You just need to connect your web cam and the camera turns on the website. Later on you need to copy the code of live streaming video and paste in your website. That's all. The video is available on the web. That works really fine. There is no issue with the same and there is no need to download any third party application. There ample of free broadcasters available on the web that can help you for the same.

Try YAWCAM. This is a free software that act as web camera tool as well as live streaming application. It works just fine and does not has any issue. I am using this from longtime. I use to stream small meetings on the web. That's all. It has some of the very basic and easy to use application by which you have to turn it on and done. The video is available on the web and you can share it via link. That's all. I had never found such a simple application for streaming videos directly. When you launch the same it gives you option to choose what you want to do with your web camera. There are five options available. They are File that means saving a video file, FTP, HTTP, Stream and Motion. For streaming just click on Stream button. That's all. Your video will be published online and it will work fine. There will be no issue with streaming and other stuff. When you click on Stream it offers you a javascript code that you need to add in a website or in a blog. That's all done. The video will be available on the web.

I think your system has some kind of driver issue due to which you are not able to use the web cam and it is crashing. I will recommend you to update the drivers and then check it back. Add the drivers back and then use it for sometime on Yahoo. See that it is working fine or not and then go with live stream.

There is one more application which is more easier for this process. It is called as iCam. It is not a free tool but an simple to use streaming software through which you can directly stream the video content easily. iCam has some quiet simple to use options. While compare to it Yawcam is more costly. So better so for iCam or something more better. Another good tool which has more options to stream video is WebcamXP. The tool offers you some additional options of zooming in, or rotating camera or other stuff. It is only designed for streaming purpose. It is a lightweight tool.