Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows XP icons have turned white, and will not work when I click them

Windows XP Support

Old 10-05-2012

Windows XP icons have turned white, and will not work when I click them

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me,
Today my computer froze, (Windows XP) and when it started working again, all of the desktop icons had turned white, and when clicked on a black window quickly pops up, but disappears before I can see what it is.
However, when I went into my download files (which are still working), and clicked on a download, Utorrent appeared and was working. But when I clicked out of Utorrent, the icon still wasn't working.
Is this a virus? Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Old 10-05-2012

Re: Windows XP icons have turned white, and will not work when I click them

Can you try to download TweakUI by searching it on google and save it to your desktop. After that double click on it to install it and after it is installed click on Start, go to All Programs, then Powertoys for Windows XP and then click on Tweak UI. When it is loaded fully then click on Repair and then on Rebuild Icons click on Repair, then apply and click ok. Check if the icons are back to normal again now.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,