Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

USB stick needs to be formatted

Windows XP Support

Old 04-05-2012

USB stick needs to be formatted

When I insert my flash drive it says that it needs to be formatted, which I understand deletes everything on the stick. I have important documents that I don't want to lose! I'm working with windows 7.

Any help would be appreciated, keeping in mind that I don't know much about computers so you'll have to explain pretty in depth for me.

Thanks so much!

Old 04-05-2012

Re: USB stick needs to be formatted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping Jellybean View Post
When I insert my flash drive it says that it needs to be formatted, which I understand deletes everything on the stick. I have important documents that I don't want to lose! I'm working with windows 7.

Any help would be appreciated, keeping in mind that I don't know much about computers so you'll have to explain pretty in depth for me.

Thanks so much!
First of all i will like to know if you are able to open the usb driver after connecting it to your system or not, in most cases i have found they wont work and format is required, so what is your case??
Old 04-05-2012

Re: USB stick needs to be formatted

It won't let me see anything! Even if I go to My Computer and find it, it gives me the same error message.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , , ,