Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

RxClientView.ocx generates crasch on some Windows XP

Windows XP Support

Old 19-04-2012

RxClientView.ocx generates crasch on some Windows XP

Hi.

I have a problem that I just cant understand. I have an MDI application that uses an ocx file, RxClientView.ocx. This ocx is used to view different fileformats. (*.dwg, *.doc, *.docx ...)

On some Windows XP machines the application crasches when the viewer is closed, and no info is given. No event log, no nothing. The application just dies.

This never happens on an Windows 7 machine. All the reports from different people points out that it only happens on Windows XP. And it is not every Windows XP.

I have tried to generate this error on my own Windows XP but I cant get it to crasch.

My question is: (With this little info)

Can someone maybe give me any kind of direction what I should be looking at? I have debugged the code and the application on some computers that has the error, but I cant see anything wrong and I cant find any helpful information. I have tried to reinstall the application and tried different ways to register the ocx.

Best regards - Mikael

Old 19-04-2012

Re: RxClientView.ocx generates crasch on some Windows XP

RxClientView.ocx is a kind of important files which is responsbile for system services which are running important dll files. This can be infected or because of some reason crashes the entire system. You can try run sfc /scannow in cmd and check system errors. There can be number of reason behind crashing. A faulty hardware or a corrupt dll files. Try to run Windows update also.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,