Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Monitor/Device Manager

Windows XP Support

Old 16-04-2012

Monitor/Device Manager

Hello,

Have just had to reinstall Windows and would like my Monitor name showing in Device Manager. It's a Philips 190B. At the Moment DM says there's three
default monitors and one plug and play one. Can I get rid of these and
have my one showing - like it was on the previous install?

Thanks for any help.

Old 18-04-2012

Re: Monitor/Device Manager

Those may be drivers or controllers which are showing up multiple monitors. Did you hooked any other display to your system. Try this, disable the monitors listed one by one. You can remove the same and keep only the one which you want. There will be no use of un-installing those monitors. If there is any controller in your Windows those will be installed automatically on next reboot. Refer to this thread for more info - Remove extra monitor in device manager

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,