Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Will it be safe to delete memory.dmp file in Windows XP

Windows XP Support

Old 21-03-2012

Will it be safe to delete memory.dmp file in Windows XP

I have a 1GB memory.dmp file in my Windows XP. So I want to know whether it is safe to delete that or not? Thanks

Old 21-03-2012

Re: Will it be safe to delete memory.dmp file in Windows XP

I think unless you plan on debugging it or paying MS to analyze it, just delete it. (It's a dump from a prior system crash.)
Old 21-03-2012

Re: Will it be safe to delete memory.dmp file in Windows XP

The file MEMORY.DMP preserves the contents of the RAM in the event of system crashes and can be used to trace the cause of the crash itself. You can avoid creating the file system by clicking on the right mouse button over the icon "My Computer" and selecting Properties. In the window that appears click on the Advanced folder, click on Startup and Recovery section and Write debugging information, select No.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,