Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows xp not booting

Windows XP Support

Old 19-03-2012

Windows xp not booting

i have a dell inspirion vostro laptop..
i was getting a msg while loading that my hal.dll file was corrupt or missing and wasnt loading..
i got a genuine win xp cd and from recovery console i replaced the file and also replaced the boot.ini file..
now my laptop logs in to the safe mode perfectly but dosent load in normal mode, it gets stuck after the windows loading screen.....

Old 19-03-2012

Re: Windows xp not booting

Hey, you can just go through the below troubleshooting guide and see if it is helping or not:
"Invalid Boot.ini" or "Windows could not start" error messages when you start your computer
Old 21-03-2012

i have already done that....read line 3...
it freezes just after windows logo is displayed....
Thanks for replying
Old 22-03-2012

Quote:
i have already done that....read line 3...
it freezes just after windows logo is displayed....
Thanks for replying
Have you tried using "Last Known Good Configuration" ??? if not then try it out and see if it is making any difference if not then you will have to try out performing System Restore or restoring from a recent backup if you might have created it.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,