Thread: Virus in windows xp which made my folder empty

Virus in windows xp which made my folder empty

Recently I had acquire this virus and I imagine I had eliminated it. I utilized MalwareBytes to eliminate the virus, additional than when I rebooted, the folders were vacant, the wallpaper was black, the icons on the taskbar were white icons. When I rebooted, the virus was tranquil there so I physically eliminated it and the virus stopped. I read commencing from side to side the discussions and endeavoring out a number of the explanations for the similar issues, additional than so far no matter what has helped. A number of the files are back for the reason that I went into the folder properties and unchecked the box, additional than the majority of the folders are tranquil empty.

re: Virus in windows xp which made my folder empty

I have encompassed the similar issue. Was infected commencing from side to side the Antimalware Doctor. Utilized rkil and malware bytes and then avg. I too imagine with the intention of the virus is gone, additional than was left through empty start menu folders and an absent quick launch bar. I just presently finished working with unhide.exe. My quick launch bar has returned, other than not the program files in the start menu. I had put out of action my antivirus software and ran unhide.exe the entire in excess off again.

If you have comprised an tribulation or problem you might like to exchange observations, please start your own topic. Doing to facilitate determine to assist to avoid the confusion with the intention of often happens when endeavoring to assist two or additional members at the similar time in the same thread.

Even if your issue is identical to the innovative users problem, the explanation might be incompatible based on the kind of hardware, software, system requirements, etc. You are utilizing and the presence of additional malware. Further, position for assistance in somebody else's topic is not considered appropriate forum etiquette.

I am having this extremely similar issue additional than the entire of the additional program file folders Microsoft office, Cyberlink, Itunes etc tranquil demonstrate as empty, the malware has been eliminate and the defaulting folders have encompassed and been restored. Have these folder truly been emptied out or are they tranquil hidden.