Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

usb 2.0 turned into 1.0 after reformat winxp sp2

Windows XP Support

Old 12-01-2012

usb 2.0 turned into 1.0 after reformat winxp sp2

i have a problem with windows xp sp2 usb drivers.....i recently reformatted my hard-drive, and started from scratch. now i cannot get my usb ports to use 2.0 . i know they are ALL usb 2.0 ports as the root hub is "enhanced". (this refers to the name in the device manager) i cannot get the ports to use highspeed 2.0. i have tried to reinstall all new drivers.i get the pop-up error telling me to connect it to a highspeed port and to click to see which ones are high speed.it pops up and shows 7 ports that are 2.0 but none in use. i have tried every port on my computer but have found none that dont do this. i know they are all 2.0 because i have had multiple highspeed devices on it prior to the reformat.....i am on an old eMachines w3052 and all the windows updates have been made prior to sp3.

PLEASE HELP!

Old 12-01-2012

Re: usb 2.0 turned into 1.0 after reformat winxp sp2

Ok check if you have the USB 2 CD, now if you have it then go to the Control Panel/System next is the Hardware page, inside the hardware page, open the Device Manager. now having done that update the drivers for the USB root hubs. With these you will be able to activate all the ports to USB 2. So do try it and let me know if it works or not.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,