Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error 2 - Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Local Computer on XP SP2

Windows XP Support

Old 19-12-2011

Error 2 - Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Local Computer on XP SP2

I recently ran service pack 2 on windows XP.After this I could not connect to internet and firewall didnot turn ON. When I try to start the firewall in the control panel it will not start. When I try to start the service manually i get the following error:

Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
service on local computer.

Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

My PC has ipnathlp.dll file in %system32% folder and tried running
netsh wnsock reset and netsh firewall reset commands ,but nothing worked.

Please advise on this to start firewall .

Old 21-12-2011

Re: Error 2 - Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Local Computer on XP SP2

After going through the issue of yours I wanted to tell you that the above mentioned might be happening because of the missing or corrupted SharedAccess.reg file. This particular file is used to represent the Windows Firewall service.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,