Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cancel Personal Settings

Windows XP Support

Old 18-12-2011

Cancel Personal Settings

Please help if you know the answer. I've searched and asked colleagues but nobody has a satisfactory answer.

My office has many XP computers and users. Maintenance has become a nightmare because Users' login info occasionally gets contaminated or our IT tech messes something up. Re-mapping access to drives and folders seems to be a daily chore now. If desktops and settings were the same for everybody - Administrators and Users alike - life would be much easier.

How do I CANCEL personal settings and keep the desktop and Users' and Administrator's desktops (but not Permissions or Passwords) the same?

Thanks a million,
Streamliner

Old 09-06-2012

Re: Cancel Personal Settings

I dont think that it is possible to have same desktop on different user profiles or user accounts, because if it was possible then what was the use of the concept of multi user account? What you can do is log into admin account on each pc and modify ownership and permissions of folders and files as per your needs, so that users cant modify it later.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,