Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Wallpaper will not change in windows xp

Windows XP Support

Old 26-10-2011

Wallpaper will not change in windows xp

for some reason I am no longer able to change the wallpaper on my xp computer. I have checked the various Registry settings and everything appears to be set a 0 which should allow me to change the wallpaper. In the display properties I can select various backgounds and it will show in the preview however once I apply I only get a blue screen as my background. Is there any other possibly solutions to this issue?

Thanks

Old 27-10-2011

re: Wallpaper will not change in windows xp

Click on Start > Run and type msconfig here. In the box here go to Services. In this go below and search for Themes. Check that it is selected. If this is not selected you cannot modify any changes in Windows XP. You will need to reboot your system once and then check back. If this does not work, try to run system restore. It is located in Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,