Thread: how to set my memory in advanced field under virtual memory?

how to set my memory in advanced field under virtual memory?

Help im running winxp sp3, And i dont have a clue on how to set my memory in computer,in the advanced feild under vitural memory, what do i set it up as?I presently have 2Gb of ddr2 pc5300 memory running,and thats all i know, anyone that can give me some input on what to do would be a blessing??
    Thanks everyone,im clueless,sincerely Teltom1

Re: how to set my memory in advanced field under virtual memory?

If you want to change virtual memory settings:
    1. Open Computer Management.
    2. In the console tree, right-click Computer Management (Local), and then select Properties.
    3. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
    4. Under Virtual memory, click Change.
    5. In the Drive list, click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    6. Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, type new paging file sizes in the Initial Size (MB) and Maximum Size (MB) boxes, and then click Set. Click OK.

Re: how to set my memory in advanced field under virtual memory?

In the setting of vitural memory do i want the system to manage or should i set this myself to a value??
    and also there is a setting that states my memory is used for program or system cache what one is the correct one to check??,sorry im so much of a idiot on this subject??and input would be wonderful, Thank you in advance Teltom1:crybaby:
    P.S. Also there are settings for the different drives i have installed the drive that windows is on is my D drive also i have a drive E that i use for storing pics and othere pdf files etc, and the last drice is C it is used for nothing at this point it is a real small drive 8 Gb total, do i want the settings for vitural memory to the same on all drives or just the one with windows on it??, thanks again, or do i select no paging file for those drives??