Thread: Reboot and select proper device error.

Reboot and select proper device error.

Hey guys my windows xp is having a pretty big problem right now, at first when i would start it up it would kind of act like it was booting, but it would pretty much just go in a loop. However now i can get it to do anything. As soon as i turn it on i see the hp invent screen with the options to press f1 or f10. Next it just says Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. Now I havent actaully been able to start it to the point were i get to the desktop or anything like that. I lost my original install disk, so i downloaded another version of windows fro, m another computer, burnt to a disk set the bios to boot that first and still nothing. It gives me the same exact message. At this point i have no idea what else to do. I dont need any of the files on the computer because its a computer we used to use, so i wouldnt really care too much if i lost everything i just want it to work again. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Re: Reboot and select proper device error.

Update: i played around with it some more and told it to boot from what (I think) is the hardrive and now it says NTLDR is missing. I forgot i got this error message before when it first started happening, but im back where im started so anything would be great

Re: Reboot and select proper device error.

At what time you observe this message press any key for example the Enter key straight away, or else it will try booting from the hard drive and likely acquire the NTLDR error another time. If you are not in receipt of the more than message and your BIOS boot options are position appropriately it's in addition possible that your CD-ROM drive possibly will not be booting commencing the CD-ROM appropriately. Authenticate the jumpers are situate appropriately on the CD-ROM drive. Go with the following link and see if it’s helpful for you or not.

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device