Thread: Trying to restore an Admin acct on Windows XP Tablet PC edition

Trying to restore an Admin acct on Windows XP Tablet PC edition

I have searched the forum and around the net a bit and so far nothing has worked.

Situation:

I had been using the Administrator account as my main account, I now know that is a bad idea. I gave the computer to my brother to use and he made his own user account for some reason and now my Admin account is gone and the only account is his user account which says "Computer Administrator" next to it on the start up screen.

Tried:

I have tried hitting CTL+ALT+Del twice and typing in Administrator in the user name field and I have done that without a password and with the password that I had been using before.

The error that I get is this: "The system could no log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case."

I also tried restarting in Safe Mode and I get the classic log on screen and the same thing happens. The only way to log on is to use his username and no password.

I did log in using his username in safe mode and went to the user accounts but it just shows his account he made and the guest account.

How can I get back to my Admin account? Everything for my business, pics and vids of my kids, Everything is in there!

Re: Trying to restore an Admin acct on Windows XP Tablet PC edition

It seems to me that you brother has somewhat switched the Admin access to his account though you are not able to login as Admin in your Tablet. As you know that there cannot be 2 Admin in a single system. You should again login using your brother's account. if he has really changed the Admin access, then you can make it correct.

Otherwise you will need to find Password reset options. There are plenty of applications which will make you to reset the password by the help of USB Flash drive. this will take over your boot process and resets everything that prevents you to logging into the system.

:) :) :)