Thread: Ini File Open Error

Ini File Open Error

I am trying to load Cannon camera software to edit and process photos. I have Windows XP. I am receiving the following error code..

[D:\software\MVW\MDP\common\install.ini]
    Error.Description: Ini File Open Error ( 1 )
    ParseIniStatus: ERROR

The Cannon technicians think this is a MS software error. Any ideas on how to solve?

Satyrs Guest

Re: Ini File Open Error

You have to download a new setup for the same. You can visit the official website of Canon and download the pc suite software. The error can be due to file corruption. Also try to right click on the setup file and click run as administrator and then check back. If still the error appears you have to get a fresh copy of the setup files. The official website of Canon camera provides you all drivers and softwares for the same.

Thank You Satyrs! I will give it a try. I appreciate your feedback.

I downloaded the pc suite and also right clicked on the setup file, ran under administrator but got the same error message. How do I get a fresh copy of the setup files?
    Thanks!

Satyrs Guest

Click on the below link. The link will redirect you to the official website of Cannon. The camera product normally lies under Consume & Home Office section. You have to choose proper model of the same. If you can provide here the model of your camera, I can try to find the direct link of drivers and setup files. I hope the camera is not too old. All latest drivers, and software update are available on this link.

Canon Support & Drivers

Hi Satyrs, I have been on vacation so sorry for the late response. This is a NEW Canon EOS rebel T3 purchased on 07/22/01. I have also tried local tech support but no one seems to have the solution. I appreciate your help!
    Thanks!

I just retried. I deleted all the Canon software and went to their website and downloaded the install software for Zoombrowser. Several of the software comonents did install but I got the following same error...

[C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1.EXT\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\Auto Update Interface Library\common\install.ini]

Can you try to do a system restore in your windows xp system which will revert back to a time when the camera was working fine before. To restore Windows XP to a previous state, follow the below steps:

1. Click Start.
    2. Click Help and Support.
    3. Type system restore in the Search box, and then press ENTER.

Note that you will have to be logged in as an administrator with full rights, in your system.

Thanks for your suggestion. This is a new camera so this is the initial load attempt for the software. This software module never has loaded correctly - always an error.

Quote Originally Posted by oldpro44 View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion. This is a new camera so this is the initial load attempt for the software. This software module never has loaded correctly - always an error.
    Can you try to uninstall all the software packages by going into safe mode by installing a software called Revo Uninstaller Pro that contains a set of tools to completely clean your computer. It also includes the restoration of the system, installed services, Security Center (SP2) or defraging the system. Once installed, run the program, various tabs are displayed starting with Uninstaller, Tools, Options, Hunter Mode (reduced program) ... In "Uninstaller" are present all the software installed on the hard disk, right-click on the icon to see the various options available to you. After that install the software packages for the canon camera again.

Hi James_911,

I tried your suggestions - downloaded Revo and to the best of my limited technical ability, cleaned my computer. i tried to load the Canon software from their CD but got the following same errors for the Zoombrowser EX module..

[D:\software\Auto Update Service\COMMON\INSTALL.INI]
    [D:\software\RAWTASK\common\install.ini]
    [D:\software\RAWTASK\common\install.ini]

All other modules? installs were completed successfully. I don't know what the Ini File is and by the error description, should they be closed?
    I have successfully loaded these Canon programs on another PC. I am again at a loss. I appreciate your feedback.

I also faced similar kind of problem and to solve this issue I had another idea. I dug out my old Rebel XT software disk and installed DPP 1.6. It complained that it was already installed (obviously I didn't clean my registry enoug), but I told it to install anyway. Then, when I ran the new DPP 3.8 install, it uninstalled 1.6 and installed the new one perfectly. Hope that saves time for all of us.