Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

The system administrator has set polices to prevent this installation...

Windows XP Support

Old 04-08-2011

The system administrator has set polices to prevent this installation...

I need help I am tryong to install java but this text comes out everytime"The system administrator has set polices to prevent this installation"wth what is that I don't understand if I try to do it in normal mode it says I need to be in adminstrator so I go to safe mode and then there it says The system administrator has set polices to prevent this installation...
So got any ideas?

Old 23-08-2011

Re: The system administrator has set polices to prevent this installation...

Hello you can fix this by changing the value present in the registry key. So check the following key and see if it helps you to resolve this error.

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

Name - DisableMSI Type - REG_DWORD 0 = enable

This was initially set to 1.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,