Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need batch file to delete user files in Windows XP

Windows XP Support

Old 26-05-2011

Need batch file to delete user files in Windows XP

I need help with a batch file for Windows XP.

Here is what I have so far:

@ Echo Off

rmdir "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nuance\Dragon SDK Client Edition9" /Q/S>nul

rmdir "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nuance\Pssdk" /Q/S>nul

rmdir "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nuance\PowerScribe\areeves" /Q/S>nul

rmdir "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nuance\PowerScribe\aalli" /Q/S>nul

The last two commands in my batch file removes folders that are created by users. These file will be re-created once the user logs back in to the application. Is there a way for me to remove all files from the \Powerscribe folder without naming each user individually? I know I can delete the \PowerScribe folder as a whole as I?ve done with the previous commands but I have an xml doc in the \PowerScribe folder that contains system settings for the application and I don?t want to delete that. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 26-05-2011

re: Need batch file to delete user files in Windows XP

If you wish to delete files which are 7 days old then follow the following Code:
Code:
@ECHO OFF
CLS
FOR /R C:\User_share %%FILE IN (*.*) DO (
ECHO starting if
IF(0 == (ISDATE %%~zFILE before TODAY -7))
DEL %%FILE
)
Follow the below code to delete a particular file:
Code:
del /s /q c:\Temp\*
rmdir /s /q c:\Temp\
mkdir c:\Temp

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,