Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can Not Login (Windows XP Administrator Account Disabled)

Windows XP Support

Old 23-04-2011

Can Not Login (Windows XP Administrator Account Disabled)

Hello Win-XP Masters,

I Can not Login to Windows XP Professional (SP3) since the administrator account is disabled by mistake.
(Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> User ->Administrator properties, uncheck-"Account is disabled.")

There is no user account as well (Its deleted few days back) while the Gusest account is already OFF.

Now i am not able to login to the system even in Safe Mode. (The login screen comes each time)

I have installed another copy of Windows XP in another partition(D:\) (To take backup from C:\ installation atleast) but i am not able to access (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator).

Please help how i can login to the system with previously installed windows XP in C:\.

If i can edit any registry setting of C:\ from newly installed version or I need to install any third party tool in D:\ to get it done or only the Drive Format and re-install is the option?

Please help its urgent.

Old 23-04-2011

Re: Can Not Login (Windows XP Administrator Account Disabled)

I dont understand why you are not able to login to safe mode, you must be able to login by pressing the F8 key or something. After that, when you are logged in you should press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice to get a logon box which requires your admin login and password, simply input the same or try the recovery console which will also re-enable the built in admin account. Check more suggestions given here - Administrator is disabled. Help

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,