Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sound Card not Working after re-installing Windows XP

Windows XP Support

Old 31-01-2011

Sound Card not Working after re-installing Windows XP

Hi,

Previously, I have reinstalled Windows XP (because it was running quite slow), but now I seem to be having problems. After I reinstalled Windows XP, there is no sound. I have read many of the forums, and still no luck. I think the problem is the sound card. When I insert my speaker's cord into the sound card, sound does't come out of the speakers. I went to Start> Control Panel > Sounds and audio devices, but it says "no audio device." I also tried to plug in a pair of headphones in the sound card, but still no luck. I am running eMachines model T5036.

Please help, and thanks!

Old 31-01-2011

re: Sound Card not Working after re-installing Windows XP

It is because your sound card is not detected in your system. There can be two reason for that. First either the driver is not properly installed and second is that your motherboard does not found the hardware. For that first run Device Manager and then go to Hardware > Device Manager. In that look for the sound device. There must be some remaining hardware with yellow exclamation mark. If not then remove the sound card and place it on the different pci slot.
Old 03-02-2011

Re: Sound Card not Working after re-installing Windows XP

First, I don't see the yellow exclamation mark next to the sound device. And how do I remove the sound card? I have located it, but to remove it, do I just simply pull it out?
Old 04-02-2011

Re: Sound Card not Working after re-installing Windows XP

To remove the sound card you only have to Turn off the PC and remove all cable from the sound card and pull it out. Thats it, Now you can check your system sound. But before that just let me know whether you have installed the driver for the sound card or not. If you have not installed the sound card driver then install then same and see whether this is working with the same or not.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,