Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

recovering files in the CSC folder

Windows XP Support

Old 10-12-2010

recovering files in the CSC folder

I have some files in the c:\windows\CSC folder that I need to convert to actual usable files. This folder is the Offline Files Folder for an old networked drive, but that network no longer exists.

I'm looking for suggestions for how I can take the nonsensical files in the CSC folder and convert them to their original state. I am running XP Pro. Thank you,

Eric

Old 21-04-2011

Re: recovering files in the CSC folder

I had found that this folder is a kind of synchronization with data access option for offline files. By default, the Offline Files option, files and programs stored on shared network in the% SYSTEM% \ CSC user's hard disk. For example, if the system directory is C: \ WINDOWS, the cache is stored in C: \ WINDOWS \ CSC. To remove out the stuff from this you will need to clean the original file synchronization and synchronize.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,