Thread: Format command in DOS

Format command in DOS

Hello,

"format /fs:fat32 /FORCE /q G:" is the command used to format usb disk and external/internal hard drives drives forcefully.
    this command is working well for external/internal hard drives, in which this command asks user only once for input (and user presses ENTER).
    With /FORCE option, it forcefully formats the hard drive...but as it asks only once from user then it works well with /FORCE option....
    But in the case with USB's, this command asks from user twice and /FORCE effects only one of them....and one of them still needs user input (user needs to press ENTER from key board only then formatting starts)

So can u please tell any other option to avoid 2nd input from user just like /FORCE or any other????

Thanks in advance
    Looking forward for ur reply,

Re: Format command in DOS

Well I want you to ask whether you have tried of formatting a disk or drive through command prompt. I mean it is the safest and the fates twat to do the same. As said by you that you where trying to format the USB but it is no happening so now what you have to do here is that just start the command prompt and the type the code format and drive name. I am sure that it will help you to format the drive that you want to .