Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

USMT 3.01 XP Profile Migration

Windows XP Support

Old 16-09-2010

USMT 3.01 XP Profile Migration

I have successfully migrated user profiles to a new domain but the problem is that on the new domain the user cannot login with the migrated profile. Windows XP creates a new user profile with an extension filename according to the new domain name upon user login. Thus resulting not the migrated profile being used. I have manually assigned Full Control rights to the migrated profile and in some cases this works and some cases it does not. It is not consistent & I have tried the usual renaming of profiles etc and this seems a time consuming task as it is not 100% reliable. What can I do for windows XP just to recognise the migrated profile?

Old 01-05-2011

Re: USMT 3.01 XP Profile Migration

Just try to use Microsoft's Active Directory Migration Tool version 3.2 (which is maybe the best tool for larger enterprises, where both AD servers are functioning usually and the old one at a standstill is online), evaluated the integral simple Transfer or the Files and Settings Transfer Wizards, and ended up with the User State Migration Tool (USMT). Even just try to download this official tool, which may be helpful to you. Let me know if this is useful for you or not.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,